Request for Child Care Service Policy Waiting List
The demand for quality childcare is high in Boone. All classrooms have a waiting list. Priority is given on the waiting list with the following considerations:
- Student Families: Children of degree seeking, full time App State students actively enrolled in programs of study receive priority.
- Currently enrolled children of full time App State employees who are changing classrooms receive priority.
- Full-time teachers/aides employed by the center that become pregnant or have children that require child care services receive priority.
- Sibling Priority: Families with children currently enrolled at the center will receive priority for additional children who need childcare.
- Families that adopt or foster receive priority.
Parent(s) must be enrolled at Appalachian for at least twelve undergraduated hours/ six graduate hours per semester and be degree seeking. Any other circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Families must maintain full time, benefit eligible App State affiliation to qualify for affiliated rates.
In the event that the center does not fill all spaces with University affiliated families, community families may request childcare. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a family has been identified for potential enrollment, the Director will notify the family of the opening. The family has 48 hours to respond to the Director. If the family does not respond within the allotted time, the space will be offered to another child on the waiting list.
A non-refundable registration fee of $100.00 is due upon initial enrollment of each child in order to secure the space. Slots are not held for children without tuition payment. Families may opt for a later time to start their child’s participation in the classroom, but in such a case, they must pay tuition in order to hold the slot.
An initial conference between the director and the family will be held prior to the child’s entry into the center. Program policies, personal information about the child and an introduction to the center will be given prior to the child’s start date of enrollment. The Center serves approximately 70 children of the University community and makes some availability to serving children with special needs.
For more information, contact email@example.com.